- Open the 'People' app on your device
- Click 'Menu' > Import/Export > Export to SD card
- Export 'Phone'
- After Phone contacts have successfully been exported, click 'Menu' > Import/Export > Import from SD card
- Select 'Google' when prompted to 'Create contact under account'
- After the import finishes, go to Settings > Accounts & Sync > Google, and Sync now (may take awhile depending on how many phone numbers were imported)
- Log-in to Gmail (via computer) to verify that your contacts now include the phone numbers you imported (you may need to merge or delete duplicates)
way to combine 'phone' contacts with 'Google' contacts on Android devices.