Another year, another
dollar bunch of stats collected. 2009 was quite a year…for the world, and for Boilr.
Starting with a spike in traffic before, during, and after President Obama’s Inauguration back in January, this little site that could has seen a lot visitor growth and multiple WordPress theme changes and updates during this last year of the first decade of the twenty-first century.
So what were the 10 most popular posts in 2009? Glad you asked. Here they are (according to Google Analytics – links coming asap) in order of most views:
- Review: Dell Studio XPS gets the job done
- How-To: Sync Google Calendar with iPod touch/iPhone [Update]
- How-To: Transfer apps from iPod touch/iPhone (back) to iTunes
- WD TV: Video thumbs rock, still needs VOB support
- Will TomTom release an iPod touch app+dock GPS too?
- 2009 Inauguration ticket holders seating guide
- The 2009 Inauguration ticket holder disaster
- WD TV: Prerelease 1.02.10 firmware now available
- Lost in the shuffle: iPod touch also getting 3.0 software update
- WD TV: Prerelease 1.02.11 firmware now available
The total number of site visits in 2009 reached an all time high (since the site was launched in 2006) – 82,700 (126,681 pageviews). Visitors to Boilr came from 173 countries/territories. The most popular browser used to access Boilr was Firefox with a whopping 46% followed by IE (34%), Safari (12%), and Chrome (7% – with the remaining 1% spread across various others).
All in all, these numbers and stats (while not earth-shattering in the grand scheme of the interwaves) not only brought a smile to my face, but provide me with newfound motivation to keep working on and improving this experiment/hobby/sandbox of a website. So, with all that said…Thank You, dear Boilr regulars and randoms! Cheers and Happy NYE!