Western Digital has released a new firmware update – 1.01.24 – for the WD TV Live just a couple days shy of a month since the last release.
According to the official release notes (PDF), the 1.01.24 update includes:
- Implemented add to playlist feature in YouTube.
- Added Save search queries to save users time in re-entering search terms in YouTube.
- Added seeking controls (fast forward/rewind) in the YouTube player in 10 second increments.
- Fixed YouTube video list not presented in the same order as provided by YouTube server.
- Added Flag Video feature to YouTube.
- Updated to the new YouTube Video logo throughout the application.
- Modified YouTube video timestamp format to make it more readable.
- Redesigned YouTube™ user interface to comply with YouTube requirements.
In other words, 1.01.24 is all about YouTube. Sounds like the fixes were primarily concerned with bringing the UI up to speed with new requirements. Nonetheless, I always eagerly await these firmware updates, hoping one day WD will (wise up and) add Netflix and/or Hulu access as well as support for DVD menus. There’s always next time…