Western Digital has made available its latest WD TV pre-release firmware – 1.02.10 – which includes the following fixes/additions/updates:
Prerelease 1.02.10 (includes all previously released updates)
* Greek subtitles now render properly. Previously they rendered slowly, causing them to briefly flash on the screen.
* Korean subtitles now render properly. Previously they disappeared during video playback.
* Playlists play in the correct order. Previously they played files in alphabetical order.
* Metadata support for music improved over previous releases. For example, browsing by genre is broken down into artists, then albums, then tracks.
* A few text strings were not translated properly over different UI languages
To download 1.02.10, head on over to the WD TV product update prerelease site. Keep in mind, there is a reason why it’s called a pre-release…as WD points out, “this is beta firmware so use it at your own risk. If you are not comfortable with this, please wait for the final version.”